Guinea Pigs Come to School! By Bailey

Today we had some guinea pig guests in our classroom.
On Sunday 10th November Maxi the mum had five baby guinea pigs. They have black, white and brown fur. Two are curly, two are straight-haired and one is fluffy.
3 more guinea pigs at home are pregnant too and are ready to have their babies any day now.

Here are some facts about guinea pigs:
They eat apples, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, dry cereals, grass, bread, watermelon, rockmelon, muesli and guinea pig seed.
Sometimes there are guinea pig competitions where guinea pigs are dressed up and win prizes.
Their lifespan might be 5-10 years but sometimes shorter. The longest I’ve had one is 6 years.
They live in cages, pens or hutches.
They sleep in hay or wood shaving. They also eat their beds!

All of 4/5P enjoyed having the guinea pigs visit.

What would you name five baby guinea pigs?
Do you have guinea pigs or are you going to get one?
What pet/pets do you have and how do you look after it?

27 thoughts on “Guinea Pigs Come to School! By Bailey

1. Hi 4/5P
    I loved having the guinea pigs at school! 🙂 I think they were so cute!! I had a hold of two babies!! 🙂 Bailey has not named them yet! I think he has names in mid for them!! I think their were two babies that have curling hair! Mrs Placek loved having the guinea pigs come to school! When she was little she had guinea pigs!
    I don’t know names for the! Sorry!! 🙂
    No but I what some!

Got to go!! 🙂 🙂
    Bye
    Olivia S

2. Hi class,
    Did you like having the Guinea Pigs in? I did! It is very exiting also because we have 3 other guinea that are pregnant!
    The names we came up with today were: Loudy, Shaggy, Squeaky, Bitey and Curly!

Me and my family have 15 guinea pigs (more coming 🙂 ),a cat and 2 budgies.

Got to go!
    Bailey 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

3. hi 4/5p,

I loved the guinea pigs:). They one it was a curly one so cute was crawling up my top. I want a mouse, Guinea pig and a rabbit but my mum hates all of those animals because they poop every were:(. Well when I told my brother the did not really did not no what a Guinea pig so he thought it was a dog and he got our old dog lead and went outside and waited an till it was dinner and when he woke up he waited outside an till he had to go to school! :).
    Bye For now.
    Alani.

4. Hi 4/5P

We are back and rolling! 🙂

Alani O: I loved having the guinea pigs in at school! I wish to get one, because they are so cute. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

5. Hi people,

Bradley speaking, I am in charge of our chickens at home. I have to feed them every morning. If I had guinea pigs I don’t know what I would call them.
    George speaking, I don’t look after any pets. If I had guinea pigs would name them Conner, skull, hulk, jolly and brad.

Bye out of time,
    George and Bradley

6. Hi 4/5P

We are back and rolling! 🙂

Olivia S:
    I wish to get a guinea pig because they are adorable! I loved having the guinea pigs at school! 🙂

We don’t have names at all! 🙂 SORRY! 🙂
    We don’t not have guinea pigs!

Do you have a guinea pigs?
    Have you had one before?
    Do you like them?

Bye for now
    got to go
    Olivia S and Alani O

7. Hello 4/5
    It was awesome having the Guinea Pigs and getting to hold them.
    We would them Milo, Coconut, Mallekie, Zeke and Moonlight.
    Many people want to get them after having them come in we do but were not allowed.
    Kaitlyn has 3 dogs, 2 cats, lots of chicken and 5 horses.
    Mia has 1 cat and a Dog.
    Kaitlyn feeds her dog every day. Mia feeds her cat every day.
    From Kaitlyn
    🙂 🙂 🙂

8. Hi 4/5P,
    Tyler And Cam will not get a guinea pig 🙁
    because our current pets will chew them up.
    Tyler has a dog named Toby 😀
    Cam has a cat named Trixie 😀 .
    We would name the guinea pigs Charlie,fluffy,shaggy,FeeFee Shreeder.
    Bye for Now 😀

9. Hi everyone,
    We loved the Guinea Pigs in our class room. They were soooo cute! 🙂

We would name the Guinea Pigs Talky, Nibble’s, Cutey Pie, fluffy and Curly Wurly!

We don’t have any guinea pigs but we all really, really, really, really want one! We hope we get one for CHRISTMAS!

Emily has a cat named prince. She looks after him by giving him lots of cuddles!
    Olivia used to have 3 dogs, 1 cat and 15 fish!
    Roma doesn’t have any pets!!! 🙁
    Hope you liked our comment,
    Emily, Olivia M and Roma!

10. Hello Everyone,

We enjoyed the guinea-pig visit heaps! The guinea-pigs were so cute and adorable. We want to buy all of them.

The two curly ones we would call Smug and Curly. The two straight haired ones we would call Grumble and Rumble and the fluffy one…… Shabby!!! Tayla had two but the died! Ebony has a rabbit, bird and a dog, Tayla has a dog and Scarlet has 2 dogs..

Bye,
    Tayla-Jade, Scarlet and Ebony.

11. Hi 4/5P,

It was a pleasure to be able to bring the Guinea Pigs in yesterday – your class handled them so well.

With all the Guineas Pigs, we have to handle them well. At home , we have 4 cages. Marty is our boy and he is in a separate cage from the girls and babies. Then we have a cage that is a bid blue one and 4 Guineas are in there- Roxy, Lucky and a Guinea pig that has no name because it is for sale. In a silver cage we have the 5 little babies, Maxi (the mum) and Bubbles. And last but not least, we have Ginger inside who’s about to have babies!

On top of those entire animal, we have to budgie named Cracker and Biscuit and a cat named Willow (because we found him under a willow tree). Every night we have to feed all these animals.

The names I would name the 5 Guinea pigs would be name of my Guinea Pigs that have died such as Missy, Mango, Monty, Carlo and Tumbles.

Hope you all liked the Guinea Pigs staying the day!

Happy Blogging! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Chelsea

• Hi Chelsea

Thank you for letting us ‘borrow’ your guinea pigs for a session! We enjoyed having them in. They were VERY cute!
      I wonder if they liked coming to school? At the end of the day the babies were sleeping in their cage – I think all the kids (and teachers!) cuddling them must have worn them out!
      You have so many guinea pigs at home. I heard that the other two mums had their babies as well.
      I used to have guinea pigs when I was younger and I called mine Squeak. My dad built a cage for the guinea pigs and we would also let them run around on the grass, as long as the cat and the dog weren’t around!

Thanks again!

Mrs Placek

12. Hi 4/5P

I loved having the guinea pigs in! I think Mrs Placek really wants a guinea pig!

I think the babies are adorable! 🙂 🙂 I can give you a quick, short and snappy recount about them being at school!

First, The guinea pigs arrived in our class room and everyone was looking at them!

Next, Mrs Placek said to pack up and come to the floor!

Then, Mrs Placek asked Bailey to get them out of the cage that they were in!

When, Bailey got them out we all had a hold of the baby guinea pigs! They are so cute!!!!!!!!!! (believe me)

Last, We gave them a big cuddle and said good bye!! And then Bailey took them to another class so he could share!

That was the quick, short and snappy recount!!

I have now got five names!! Curly tops, Charlie, Scruffy, Scratchy and Gossip. I think they are really cute names!!!!!! 🙂

I have chooks, dogs, cows, a turtle and a bird!!

Got to go
    Bye
    Olivia S

• Hi Olivia

I enjoyed reading your recount! You remembered everything a recount needs – connecting language and all of the important events in order.
      You’re right – I did love the guinea pigs. I used to have some when I was younger. I called mine Squeak (very original, I know!) and my sister called hers Husky. She called it Husky because she really wanted a Husky dog when she was little! They had babies, too. We kept one but I can’t remember what we called it.

I like the names you suggested for the guinea pigs!

See you at school!

Mrs Placek

• Hi Mrs Placek,

Thankyou for that or the long reply!! I loved having the guinea pigs at school! I thought I was right with you wanting to have guinea pigs at your house! Just imagine if we had one as a class pet! This is an idea: maybe we can have 2 guinea pigs in the class room, that is next year!! I think we would all like that and the guinea pigs would like the because it is a new fresh classroom!! But at the end of the term and year who would look after them! MAYBE you would have to take them home to your house!

If you asked me I would not be able to because my dog would eat them!
        I am not at all sure what I would call my guinea pigs!!
        I have…
        3 dogs
        I turtle
        lots of chickens
        4 cows
        1 bird
        I used to have a horse!
        Mum thinks that its a lot of animals!

If you had guinea pigs what would you call them?

What animals do you have?

Bye got to go
        Olivia S 🙂 🙂 🙂

13. Hi 4/5p it is SETH!

I LOVED having the guineapigs in the class. My favourite was the grey one it was soooooo CUTE. Can they come in again please!!

What is your favourite guineapig?

Ok bye for now SETH is out.

14. Hi Bailey,
    Just a quick update on the Guinea Pigs.

Some of the things that happened with the guinea pigs at home since the guinea pigs came in has been very exiting like:

-Ginger (a mum) had 4 babies so now there are 9 baby guinea pigs running around the cage!!
    – Some of our guinea pig hat mites and ate lots of their skin end now the skin is growing back!

Iv got to go and help Brian.
    See ya
    Bailey

15. Hi everyone this is Brian

What I like about the guinea pigs were that they didn’t bite anyone in my class. NOW I WANT SOME!!!!:):):):):):):)

Bye
    Brian

16. Hi Bailey,
    It is great that you brought in the guinea pigs they are furry and loud. What do you feed them? How old are they? They are very light.

Bye for now
    From Brent

17. Hi class I loved having the guinea pig.
    I can’t believe that there is more babies. Are there now 9? I want to name the 2 curly guinea pigs Shurly and Sherri.

Bye for now
    Seth

18. Hello Grayson speaking,

sorry I don’t have any guinea pigs and I won’t be getting any because I have 6 RABBITS, and 2 dogs.

I don’t have many names that I can think of for five guinea pigs so I’ll pass on that

My FULL pet history is:

5 fish
    1 blue bird
    2 dogs and 6 rabbits (Currently)
    that is a lot of pets I have had,

I have answered all the questions that there is so now you, reader, know a little more about me and that is all so good bye!