Yesterday a dentist and a dental health nurse from the Dentist of Plenty Valley came to Upper Plenty PS to talk the students about keeping our teeth healthy.
– how many teeth we each had when we visited Dr Justine, the dentist (most of us have 24!)
– after you have orange juice you should wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth. This is because the acid contained in orange juice weakens the enamel and starts plaque build up.
– if you drink soft drink you should drink it through a straw, because the acid effects your gum and teeth.
– energy drinks are bad for your health, your heart and your teeth.
– drink water containing flouride because this protects your teeth.
– you should brush your teeth twice a day because it reduces tooth decay.
– how to brush our teeth properly.
– calcium is good for your teeth.
Thank you to Dr Justine and Kerrie for visiting us and teaching us about oral health!
Which fact is most interesting to you and why?
Do you know how many teeth you have?