Education Week Celebration

This week is Education Week. Our school decided to celebrate by pairing up with a buddy grade and teaching each other something new. Our theme was “Asia”.

The Grade 4/5s have been studying China and so we decided to teach the Preps the traditional Chinese games we researched yesterday (see our Traditional Chinese Games post below).

The Preps have been learning about Indonesia and so they told us about the buildings, farms and markets in Indonesia.

Thank you to Prep W and the parents who joined us for a fantastic, fun-filled afternoon! We hope you enjoyed the activities as much as we did! Thanks for teaching us new things about Indonesia. We hope you learnt some new things about China.
Education Week Celebration on PhotoPeach

8 thoughts on “Education Week Celebration

1. Hi,
    I really enjoyed education week and playing with our buddies. My budddy loveed playing pick up seven and chinese jump rope.We also loved catch the dragons tail.
    Bye
    Gypsy

2. Hi,
    I really enjoyed doing Education Week. I loved the Book Fair. My favourite book was Tom Gates it is such a great book to read.If I made my own book like her book i would make a relly weird world, having a relly weird world is so cool I would love a relly weird world.
    Got to go
    Scarlet

3. Hello everyone,

I had so much fun teaching our buddies the games we learnt, they are so cute.It was a very exciting afternoon for the preps and the grade 4/5’s. I think the grade 4/5’s favourite game was Chinese jump rope but the preps favourite game was chasing the dragons tail. I know my buddy had the time of her life and I hope the other preps did as well
    Bye for now
    Alicia

• Hi Alicia,
      I think the buddies were cute too.I had so much fun playing with my buddy. My favourite game was Chinese jump rope and my buddys favourite was Pick Up Seven.
      It was a great afternoon for me and the buddies.
      Bye for now
      Alani

4. Hi everyone,
    My buddy favourite activities was chasing the dragon tail. She had so much fun!! What was your favourite?
    Ebony

5. Hello

It was fun teaching our buddies how to play chinese games. With pick up 7 I got a record of 5 dice. what did you get?

From Nick

6. Hi 4/5P,

The games were so much fun.
    Who had so much fun?
    I think that the preps liked doing the games with us.

Bye for now
    Kayla