4/5P Journalists Published!

We’ve been published! At the end of last term Kaitlyn, Tayla-Jade and Roma interviewed the School Leaders. With the information gained from the interveiw, the girls then wrote an article and sent it into the Town Crier. In the May issue, Volume 274, their article was published!

The article can be found in the May edition of the Town Crier, or can be read here:

Article.docx

Please leave our journalists some feedback about their writing!

Keep your eye out in local publications such as magazines and newspapers for the next lot of articles written by some of the students in 4/5P!

Have you ever had an article or your photo published in the local newspaper or newsletter?
If you were to write an informative article, what would you write about?
What are some other examples of non-fiction writing?

7 thoughts on “4/5P Journalists Published!

1. Congratulations on having your writing published girls! It’s a great way to get word out in the community about what our school has been up to and you did a fantastic job. I am looking forward to seeing the next one written by some other 4/5P students come out in the paper, too!

From Mrs Placek

2. Congratulations girls!

I get the Town Crier every month and it was a lovely surprise to see your article. What is it like being famous? It’s quite a thrill to see your name published isn’t it?

I often write an ICT article for the school newsletter. When I was little I had my photo published in a horse book. I would have been about your age and I remember being so excited.

If I was to write an informative article I would need to write about something I know well. Otherwise people wouldn’t find it very informative!

I know each of you have your own blogs so I am looking forward to reading more of your non fiction writing on them.

Miss Crowther 🙂

3. Hi,
    I don’t think we are famous yet but it feels pretty good! It feels cool to have published work in the paper! It is brillant to get recignition for our work from the town!
    It would be AWESOME to have a picture in a horse book. We would love to have our picture in a horse book.

Thank you for chosing us to get our own blog.
    Kaitlyn & Roma

4. Hello everyone,
    It feels really good to be able to write an article for the Town Crier with Roma and Kaitlyn! It was fun and interesting to hear the captains answers for the questions they were asked.

I have had about four other published articles and photos of me in the Newspaper. One example is I got a photo taken with a special piglet. I had a couple photos and articles taken for Netball and Horse races. They were a great opportunity to have.

A couple more non-fiction texts would be a report or a imformation text.

From Tayla-Jade 🙂

5. Hi girls,

Congratulations on having your article published in the Town Crier. Must be pretty exciting! You all look very proud in your photo.

I found your article quite informative and really enjoyed reading it. It was nice to learn something about your school and it’s lovely student leaders. Do you have any plans to write more pieces?

Miss Crowther’s comment reminded me of when I was a young (slightly shorter) girl entering a story into a writing competition. I was so excited to have it published in our local paper. That was my 15 minutes of fame!

Keep up the great work girls. I’ll look forward to reading more of your writing pieces in the future. 🙂

From Mrs Crawford
    Wandong P.S

• Hello,
      Thank you for congratulating us! It is very nice of you. I think we were very proud. It was very exiting!

I think our teacher will get us to write another piece of work. I look forward to writing another piece of work.

I love writing storys and in would enter a writing competion. I hope you will read some of my other work.
      From Roma

6. Hello everyone,

I have been in a photo in the newspaper. I was about five years old when I was in the newspaper. It was after I went to get some ear rings.

If I had to write an artile I would write about what has happened this week with my family and what we have been up to. Also put a picture in the newspaper.

My dad use to go round and deilver newspapers and caglogs. When I was younger I use to go with my dad and my mum and sister would go to with us.

Has any of your family had to deilver caglogs and newspapers before?

Bye For Now,
    Olivia M