New iPads in the classrooms!

Today was the first day we used our brand new iPads! We used an app called Puppet Pals to create a story. We explored different characters, backgrounds, movements and dialogue!

Is there an educational app that you can recommend? What is it used for and why is it valuable?

23 thoughts on “New iPads in the classrooms!

1. Hello class!
    Today in the classroom was really fun! We played on our new IPADS! We played puppet pals! It was really fun! 🙂
    See u soon
    Bailey 🙂

2. Hello Mrs Placek & 4/5P,

I am glad you liked using the iPads. They are a great way to learn and have fun too!

Puppet Pals is one of my favourite apps. I made one with Millie in it! She wasn’t too keen to have her photo taken though!! What were your puppet shows about?

Over the next few weeks we will be learning about different apps. There is one called Educreations which I like. There’s also one I like called 4 Pics 1 Word. Have you heard of it? I started using it as just a game but then realised it could actually be used for education too to learn about nouns, verbs, homophones and synonyms.

Miss Crowther

• Hi Miss Crowther,
      I play four pic one word to. Some of them are really hard 🙂 I think Puppet Pals are really good for all grades because if you write a story you can narrate it.
      Bye Eb

• Hi Ebony,

Thanks for replying to my comment. I love getting replies!

I know who to come to now if I get stuck with 4 Pics 1 Word! I have recently discovered another similar type of game. It’s called What Pic? Have you heard of it? It is like 4 Words 1 Pic in the sense you have to use a bank of letters to spell a word. However, the picture of the thing is partly hidden. I like the challenge of each level.

I hope you are enjoying using Puppet Pals!

Miss Crowther 🙂

• Hello Miss Crowther,

The I-pads are AWESOME! I like Puppet pals as well and that is very funny how you put Milly in a show 🙂

4 pics 1 word is a great game. I didn’t know that it could help you with education!
      From Tayla-Jade 🙂

• Hi Tayla-Jade,

Thanks for replying to my comment. It is always nice to get a reply and know that you have read my comment.

Yes, it was a bit funny adding Millie as a character in my puppet show. I used the iPads with the preps on Monday and we made an ‘Old McDonald Had a Farm…’ puppet show. Millie could have made another guest appearance! What characters and background did you choose for your puppet show?

There’s another app that is a game which I like too. It’s called Word Free and is like scrabble. Fun and good for the brain! Double win!!

Miss Crowther 🙂

3. Hello Everyone!
    I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE the new iPads! Now its going easy for the education not just for our class, but the whole school! I like the aps too.
    Bye
    Tyler
    P.S We finshed our movie today.

• Hi my name is Natasha, 😉
      Yesterday at school we got to play on the new i pads photos and videos,
      😉 🙂 😉 🙂 it was fun 😉 🙂 ;):)

bye now for Natasha

4. Hello world!
    I’m not sure about any apps that are educational, but I do enjoy playing the Ipads!
    I don’t have one at home so it is a bit new for me.

Bye for now
    Kaitlyn

5. Hi 4/5p,
    I pads are the best.
    Kayla said the i pads are fun! 🙂
    Ebony said it was the fun play puppet pal.
    Eb and Kayla

6. Hi 4/5P i Have an iPad 2 i have good suggestions but its gonna cost us $10 each it’s called pages it’s basically word exept on iPad who wants to check out my site http://camsblog2013.wordpress.com/ Mrs Placek could you please try to find a way to put my blog on it would be really cool thanks
    Cam 🙂

7. Hello world!
    We reccomend math puppy were you can do addition subtraction divison and multiplication sums.
    We hope this app is useful.
    Bye for now.
    Kaitlyn and Brian.

8. Hi 4/5P
    we dont know what its called but its some sort of spelling game. Its used for spelling what it does is every time you spell a word right you build another level of a wall. Have you heard of it before? and if you have please reply. it helps alot with spelling my friends brother improved alot.

bye for now
    from Alicia

9. Hi,
    I have a game to recommend it is called dictionary it is like a dictionary.Ebony
    I have a game called A+spelling you write the word and record the word.Alex
    Ebony and Alex

• Hi Ebony and Alex

Ebony you can wite your name now!
      any way they sound ike great games but what are they about?

bye for now
      from Alicia

10. Hi 4/5P
    I recmend a game it is a very good game ti is a times tabel game if you win the game you get to go on but if you dont win the gameyou have to start a agin and it is a FREE game AND A FUN GAME.Andi recmend a nother game it is a speling game if you win and get it right you get to go on but if you dont you have to play agein.
    from Scarlet ND Nick

11. Hello World,
    I think a great educational app is ‘Midde School Math’. Because it has hard and easy sumes for kids. Ity will help us with our sumes and to get to know our sumes. In the app ‘Midde School Math’ it shows you the sume then it will put some numbers up on the screen and you touch one of them then it says if you get it right or not.

I have an iPod. It is the same as an iPad but it is smaller hen an iPad.

Bye For Now,
    Olivia M

12. Hi 4/5P,

Thank you for commenting on our class blog. I see you have lovely new iPads. We have been using them for a while now at The Junction and the students love creating with them. Some of our favourite apps include:
    Puppet Pals
    Sock Puppets (plays)
    Educreations (lots of uses)
    Strip Designer (for making comics)
    Tellagami (Oral presentations)
    ScribblePress (digital books)
    iMotion (stop montion animation)
    iMovie (making movies of course!)
    plus many more….
    I actually have a website with lessons that use these apps if you would like to take a look.
    http://ictwithmissc.weebly.com/ipad-apps.html

We look forward to seeing all the wonderful things you create with your iPads. We will add your class blog to our blogroll!

Keep up the good work.
    Miss Chaffey and 5/6C
    http://www.tjps56c.edublogs.org

• Hi Miss Chaffey

We are enjoying using the iPads. Thank you so much for all your suggestions! We have used Puppet Pals, Popplet and Comic Life so far and we are going to get out ICT team to look into the other ones and check out your site. Thank you! It is always great to get fresh ideas and recommendations!
      Thanks for adding our class to your blogroll. We are looking forward to visiting your page often to find out what you’re up to.

From Mrs Placek and 4/5P